Have you ever looked at a coin or a medal and reflect on the life of the person who is one the coin? Well I have provided some quotes from Rosa Parks for you to reflect upon while looking at the Rosa Parks Bronze Medal. The source for more information is at the About Page on Women’s Hall of Fame.
- “I would like to be known as a person who is concerned about freedom and equality and justice and prosperity for all people.”
•” The only tired I was, was tired of giving in.” (on refusing to give up her seat on the bus to a white male)
• “I knew someone had to take the first step and I made up my mind not to move.”
• “Our mistreatment was just not right, and I was tired of it.”
•” I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.”
• “Memories of our lives, of our works and our deeds will continue in others.”
• “I do the very best I can to look upon life with optimism and hope and looking forward to a better day, but I don’t think there is anything such as complete happiness. It pains me that there is still a lot of Klan activity and racism. I think when you say you’re happy, you have everything that you need and everything that you want, and nothing more to wish for. I haven’t reached that stage yet.”(source)