Daniel Carr minted the prototypes of the coins he designed of Bessie Coleman. The coins are not legal tender and say “non-dollar.
There were several prototypes each is different and strikingly beautiful. You can see the creative genius on the obverse and reverse of the coins.
Listed below are the mintages and description of each coin.
- Proof-Like Brass with the word PEACE on the reverse-450 coins
- Satin Finish Brass with the word PEACE on the reverse-100 coins
- Proof-Like Brass WITHOUT the word PEACE on the reverse-450 coins
- Proof-Like Silver with the word”PEACE on the reverse. Contains ½ troy oz. Silver-50 coins
- Plain marked “.999 Fine Silver”-25 coins
- Satin Finish Silver with the word”PEACE” on the reverse ½ troy oz. Silver- 25 coins
- Proof-Like Silver without the word on the reverse”PEACE”
½ troy oz. Silver-50 coins
- Satin Finish Silver without the word “PEACE” on the reverse
½ troy oz. Silver-25 coins
CLICK THIS LINK TO SEE ONE OF THE PROTOTYPES OF THE BESSIE COLEMAN COIN